In addition to the accessibility and commercial micro-environment the office space is designed to be energy efficient. There are many ways to be environmentally conscious but the focus at Floreasca Park is on the reduction of energy consumption via practical and sustainable means.
The buildings are designed in accordance with BREEAM recommendations which will ultimately assess Floreasca Park based upon attention to: health and well-being of workers, energy efficiency, transport, use of water, waste treatment, use and sourcing of construction materials, ecological use of the land and pollution.
Health and well-being
– Excellent day lighting and glare control.
– View out – all work stations within 7 m of window.
– High frequency lighting – to reduce health problems related to flicker.
– Internal and external lighting to EU best practice standards.
– Occupant controlled lighting, heating and cooling systems.
– Optional natural / window ventilation.
– Indoor air quality – air intakes away from sources of pollution.
– Water services designed to minimise risk of legionellosis.
– Best practice acoustic performance within the building.
Water and waste
– Water efficient sanitary appliances (self-stopping taps, half flush wcs).
– Dyson air blowers so no paper towel wastage.
– Water consumption and water leak management monitored by BMS.
– Recyclable waste storage, waste separation, baling, compacting facilities.
– Robust materials selected for low environmental impact over life cycle.
– Responsibly sourced concrete, timber and insulation.
– Low environmental impact insulation materials.
Land use and ecology
– Development of land previously of low ecological value.
– Ecological value of the site will be enhanced with plants and trees.
– Creation of ecologically valuable habitat.
– Low emission boiler plant.
– Low flood risk location.
– Minimised watercourse pollution risk.
– External lighting designed to reduce night time light pollution.
– Attenuated sources of noise.